Chess Club Khanty-Mansiysk on schedule
- Date: 05 November 2009
Khanty-Mansiysk – The construction of the main venue for the Chess Olympiad 2010, designed by Erick van Egeraat, is proceeding exactly on schedule.
The main playing hall is located in the centre of the building, to allow for well controlled light and sound conditions. Auxiliary program such as offices and press rooms, that need direct access to daylight, are organized around this main playing hall. Currently the facade inner layer of the facade shell is almost closed. Next, the stainless steel rhomboid panels will be mounted. By applying these like overlapping fish scales the facade will allow for a smooth appearance in the extreme temperature differences of the region.
The Chess Club will be the first construction project of Erick van Egeraat to be finished in Russia, even before the Capital City Towers in Moscow. Later in 2010, the Retail and Entertainment Centre in Surgut will be opened for public.
- Vershina facade starts to take shape
- Erick van Egeraat's extension of InHolland University Rotterdam officially opened
- Sustainable mixed use project in Almere, The Netherlands
- Budapest City Hall
- Chess Club Khanty-Mansiysk on schedule
- Residential project in Parma enters next stage
- Stage 1 Milanofiori nearing completion